Sunday, October 26, 2014

SC State Park Artist Residency - Billy Dreher Island



The S. C. State Park Artist in Residence Program selected me as the Artist in Residence at Billy Dreher Island this year.  Visit their website here.  It was an honor and a privilege.  Beautiful Island and accommodations.  Here are photos to prove it!  Click any image to enlarge the photos.


Villa No. 3 was my home for seven glorious days in October.









The island was teaming with wildlife.






And there was no shortage of beautiful places to paint and enjoy the view.










Some of my artists friends came over and painted with me.
Can you spot the artists amongst the trees?




This was my view and set up.



Here's my painting from our "paint out."


And another Lake Murray Painting



In return for the week at the State Park, the artist is required to give the park a piece of work inspired by the area.  Here's the painting that I gave Dreher Island State Park.

The Park Manager, EJ Jones, named this painting, "George."

Of course, everyone needs a little company, so here are some more of my companions for the week.

Bio Daddy, Me, Cousin Ann

Skip Croft

My Sweetie making spaghetti!



Many thanks to S. C. State Parks and all the staff at Dreher Island State Park for making this artist very happy and productive.  


Michel McNinch





No comments: